Thursday, June 28, 2012

I get a lot of my news from Weekend Update

I don't know why I do this. I said I wasn't going to. I literally can't help myself. Thought I could at least spare the public and do it here. I'm not a politician. But I'm a healthcare provider. So I'll speak as that. And as much as you may dislike doctors, there are truly a lot of brilliant ones out there. They are selfless and dedicated and have an ethical code we could only hope to have, in regards to their work. All day long I've been making my opinion known on, what I believe, to be one of the scariest decisions I've seen the US government make. My problem is not accessibility. I think that may be my entire thesis. As a republican, and a tax-payer, I have problems with the abuse of "handouts". But that's not what makes me sick about this. I want everyone to have access to healthcare. I can promise you that. Even if they didn't work to get it. Healthcare is one thing I feel every human being deserves. The problem is so much bigger than that. When the government tells those brilliant and ethical physicians how to treat their patients, we will all have access to a catastrophe. There will be fewer and fewer good doctors practicing. There will be longer and longer waits to see the ones that are. There will be more and more drug decisions made by people who are not doctors of medicine. There will be more and more hurting and less and less healing. It's Independence Day. I hope we all stand together as Americans to realize that we are in a broken system, but we are united by something much bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment