Monday, March 7, 2011

...and we’ll all float on okay...

Bad news comes, don’t you worry even when it lands…
I feel like I’ve been surrounded by sad the last month.


People are sick, babies are sick, parents are sick, siblings are sick.

Kate’s cancer was not healed; Cooper got wings.

I lost a friendship that I’m certain was never real to begin with. But that doesn’t make me miss it any less, yet.

I’m too busy at work – there are too many babies with hearing loss. There are too many messages and too many charts. Too many responsibilities and not enough days in my work week.

I lost my phone case.

I still have ten pounds of baby weight to lose and I’m addicted to sour patch bunnies. And cinnamon gummy hearts.

I don’t sleep enough.


Good news will work it’s way to all them plans….
But I know I’m surrounded by So Much Good. I don’t take any of it for granted.
Kevin decided to accept a new job that will benefit our family in many ways.

My oldest, dearest friends came to my house for a weekend of drinking and talking (with a little dancing thrown in). Adrienne, Amy, Ann, Becky, Jess, Kari and Stef moved in and my family moved out. Leaving me with no Similac, no sippies, no Nickelodeon and no bedtime. It went fast…it took much more time for any of us to prepare for it than the actual 48 hours seem worth. But it was so worth it. It was necessary. It was food for the soul. We missed you dearly, jennifer.

I have started a new friendship – a slow-starting, surface relationship that has turned into someone I can always turn to for advice, for a laugh, for encouragement to not completely go off the deep end when my kids are at their lowest moments. (i heart you, cupcakediva)

People are healthy, babies are healthy, parents are healthy, siblings are healthy.

My dad is staying cancer-free; my friend is glowing through a healthy pregnancy.

Landon turned NINE-years-old. Nine. And is healthy and smart and sweet and athletic and wonderful.

And then there are these people….

I got stuck in writing. I wanted to blog, but knew I had skipped so many things. Do I go back? Do I just start now? Do I write all the sad? Do I pretend everything is perfect? I never came up with answers, just decided to write this morning and whatever came out of my mouth – would be what I jumped back in with.

And now I feel like the ice has broken between me and the blog.

March is a month that I’ve been looking forward to. Friends and family coming to the lake 2 of the weekends. My fabulous niece’s wedding in Fort Worth one weekend and a baby shower for my dear friends the other. My husband will be in Dallas for an entire week and San Antonio for an entire week, training for this new job. I’ll document it all…in pictures and in words…so that I can relive it all one day and smile.
We’ll all float on alright.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks for the shout-out, Jaime!! I heart you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime, so good to read your blog again! Glad this month is bringing good & happy things your way! Hope you are doing well, & hope Kevin has gotten in touch with m&d...I know they'd love to get together with him if he has the time! Miss you all & love the picture updates of the kids! They're getting so big! Hope to see you all on my next trip home in May/June!
    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are back! I have missed your posts! I'm sorry things have been so up and down for you! We cannot wait to see you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me sad. Miss you!!! :(

    ReplyDelete